Historic property owners and restoration enthusiasts joined realtors, architects, developers and others at the 2017 edition of Restore Omaha and walked away motivated. The event was held March 4 at the Fort Omaha campus of Metropolitan Community College as part of Restoration Exchange’s Saving Places weekend. We asked attendees to share their experiences, and below are some of their comments.
- I appreciate the networking, the stories of buildings saved, the sharing of resources and the enthusiasm for all things old and worth saving.
- It’s great to meet other people who have issues with old houses and the restoration and preservation of them.
- They get better and better.
- The conference is an opportunity to learn more about various techniques, from painting to window repair to drywall and plaster techniques.
- Fabulous, wonderful, enlightening, exciting.
- Every year is a refreshing of the value of preservation.
- LOVE IT!
- I will spread the word around about the conference and how helpful it can be to community members.
- I bought a 1927 craftsman home, and I want to take care of it.
- The speakers that I listened to encouraged me to continue to advocate for saving and restoring the old historical buildings in Omaha for future generations.
See you in 2018!