There are many reasons to become a Restoration Exchange member, and one of them is the free Members Only Tours! The next one is Sunday, April 23, at The Rose from 3:30 to 6:00pm. Behind-the-scenes tours are set for 3:30 and 4:45pm.
Built in 1926 to resemble a Moorish Palace, the building served as a theater until 1957 when it was given to Creighton University. In 1961, JSB Amusement Corp. renovated and used the building as a bowling alley. A year later, it was renovated again into the Astro Theater and continued operations until 1980. Vacant for many years, the theater faced demolition until the late Rose Blumkin, founder of Nebraska Furniture Mart, purchased it. Today it is known simply as The Rose and has been completely restored.