Love preservation? Help Restoration Exchange celebrate Friday, March 3, at Saving Places – A Preservation Celebration. The event, which honors outstanding residential and commercial restorations in the metro and the people making them happen, is set for 6:00 to 9:00pm at The Paxton in downtown Omaha. Tickets start at $75 and include admission to the 2017 Restore Omaha Conference March 4.
“There is a lot of outstanding preservation work happening in and around Omaha, and we love partnering with the American Institute of Architects Omaha Chapter to formally recognize it,” said Restoration Exchange Executive Director Kristine Gerber. The 2017 nominations are being judged by the Preservation Alliance of Minnesota. The following awards will be presented March 3:
- The Kimball Prize, named in honor of master architect Thomas Rogers Kimball, recognizes distinguished achievement in preservation, rehabilitation and renovation of properties in the Omaha area. The inaugural award was presented to Todd and Mary Heistand, co-owners of NuStyle Development Corporation.
- The AIA Preservation Award recognizes excellence in preservation, rehabilitation or renovation by an AIA Nebraska member. The project must meet National Park Service Secretary of Interiors Standards for Historic Preservation. The inaugural award was presented to Alley Poyner Macchietto Architecture.
- The Residential Preservation Award recognized excellence in preservation, rehabilitation or renovation of a single family home. The inaugural award was presented to Martin, Rob and John Janousek.
- The Building Preservation Award recognizes excellence in preservation, rehabilitation or renovation of a commercial or multi-family property. The inaugural award was presented to AO*.
- The Young Preservationist Award recognizes achievement by a person under age 40 who is making an impact by promoting and advocating for preservation in the Omaha area. The inaugural award was presented to Matt Baker.
The 2017 winners will be announced in the next issue of RExchange. For more information, contact REO at email@example.com.